PHI- Protected Health Information Storage and Security Practices by Breathe Easy Therapy Services LLC.
We at Breathe Easy Therapy Services value and care about our client’s privacy. We make all efforts to keep your information locked and protected. Below lists the ways we monitor the privacy of your records.
- Locked Filing Cabinet.
- No personal identifying information is left where anyone can view.
- Office is locked as well as the actual building being locked when exiting.
- Paper copies of records are kept for 6 years after the last date of service.
- Copies of records are destroyed
In the very unlikely case of a natural disaster, fire, or flood where paper records are destroyed
or inaccessible an electronic copy will be made available.
EPHI Electronic Protected Health Information
- The computer in which work is done on is password protected.
- Any video conferencing will be encrypted in order to access.
- Video will not be viewable after a certain period of time.
- Passwords are changed every 90 days.
- Data will be cleared by using a clearing software or hardware in addition cleared from
the hard drive of any device that will no longer be used by the company. This includes
phones, tablets, and computers.
- All completed form submissions from the website are saved to the database. All sensitive data submitted along with these form submissions are saved using a high level of encryption.
- All completed form submissions from the website are saved to the database using encryption for a period of 90 days. After this 90 day retention period the form submission and ALL related data is completely deleted from the website database.